California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
California Institute of Integral Studies is currently seeking to build an adjunct teaching faculty pool in its Master’s in Counseling Psychology (MCP) program for the 2017-2018 academic year, and on a rolling, as-needed basis.
Course offerings will meet MCP program requirements and California Board of Behavioral Sciences licensing requirements for Marriage and Family Therapists (MFTs) and Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCCs). Courses are offered in the fall, spring and summer semesters; some are during the week and others are on weekends.
The following courses are taught by adjunct faculty, who are also licensed MFTs, LPCCs, LCSWs, PsyDs or MDs:
Successful candidates for these positions will have a current relevant clinical license, at least two years of clinical experience post-licensure, and a minimum of a Master’s degree in counseling psychology. Teaching experience is desired.
- Background Check — Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver’s license.
- Visa Sponsorship — Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance — This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis in order to build and maintain a hiring pool. Candidates will be contacted when appropriate class openings occur.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.
Please address the following in your Cover Letter:
- Do you possess a current professional license? If so, specify which.
- Please detail, for each course you are interested in teaching in our program:
- Course name
- Where and when you took the course and any CEUs or updates to the material
- Where and when you have taught this course, or related courses (including training other staff and/or volunteers)
- Where and when you have worked on the specific issues relevant to this course
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/fpzc7py64nggzj65