California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
The Community Mental Health Program (CMH) leads to a Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology degree and prepares students to be licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (MFTs) or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCCs) in California. The program is designed for working adults who want to practice professional psychology in public and community settings. A commitment to diversifying the mental health work force, providing culturally and linguistically appropriate services, and reaching out to those denied access to care is critical. The program is built on a foundation of social justice and clinical excellence.
CIIS seeks teaching faculty for adjunct positions in the CMH program. Course offerings will meet CMH program requirements and California Board of Behavioral Sciences licensing requirements for Marriage and Family Therapists (MFTs) and Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCCs).
Specific courses include:
- Family Systems and Structural Family Therapies
- Multicultural Foundations of Family Therapy
- Research Methods
- Severe Mental Illness and Early Psychosis
- Professional Ethics and Family Law
- Psychopathology and Psychological Assessment
- Child and Adolescent Therapy
We also intermittently need Clinical Supervisors to teach group and individual clinical practicum supervision courses.
Successful candidates will be licensed therapists with post-practicum working experience in the field of community mental health and a minimum of a Master’s degree in counseling psychology. Two years teaching experience at the college level is preferred, and/or willingness to participate in faculty development prior to and simultaneous with the teaching assignment. Successful candidates must have a valid California MFT or LPCC license. PsyDs and LCSWs who meet BBS requirements are also invited to apply.
- Background Check — Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver’s license.
- Visa Sponsorship — Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance — This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis in order to build and maintain a hiring pool. Candidates will be contacted when appropriate class openings occur.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.
Please address the following in your Cover Letter:
- Do you possess a current professional license? If so, specify which.
- Please detail, for each course you are interested in teaching in our program:
- Course name
- Where and when you took the course and any CEUs or updates to the material
- Where and when you have taught this course, or related courses (including training other staff and/or volunteers)
- Where and when you have worked on the specific issues relevant to this course
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/smsrt9w2y55bv4hc