Please see full position announcement here: http://www.dominican.edu/about/employment/jobs/facultyadmin/assistant-professor-of-developmental-psychology
Dominican University of California is seeking a dynamic individual in the Department of Psychology for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor Position with a research focus in Developmental Psychology to begin August 2016. This is a full-time, 9 month position. Additional consideration will be given to those applicants who can also teach research methods and/or statistics and have experience mentoring undergraduate student research. We especially encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups.
The Psychology Program provides a comprehensive foundation in the psychological sciences, inclusive of theory, research, and practice, in an atmosphere that models mutual respect and encourages individual challenge. The program’s size allows for one-on-one interaction with the department’s well-qualified faculty composed of practicing psychologists and researchers. Classes take the form of seminars, lectures, engaged learning activities, experiential exercises and simulations, demonstrations, guided research, and independent study, all of which are intended to stimulate active student participation in learning. We are a fun, team-oriented department, committed to academic excellence and supportive of faculty and student research.
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by March 1, 2016; however, additional CVs may be considered until the position is filled
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Generous benefits package, including Retirement Plan contributions upon date of hire
- Dominican University of California is strongly committed to building a diverse community and is an equal opportunity employer
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job