Salary: Up to $79,476 annually
Location: Aberdeen, Washington
Closing: Open until filled
The Department of Corrections is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Psychologist 4 at the Stafford Creek Corrections Center (SCCC) located in Aberdeen, WA.
Stafford Creek Corrections Center (SCCC) is located in Aberdeen, a central area of Grays Harbor that provides for an easy commute. Whether you desire to live near the beach or surrounded by lush forests, the choice is yours. Ocean Shores offers six miles of public beach and provides year-round activities including golf, clam digging, fresh and salt water fishing, boating, kite flying, bird watching, horseback riding and shopping. The city of Westport offers world class salmon and tuna fishing as well the enchantment of whale watching. Family life in Aberdeen flourishes offering top notch schools, sports programs and recreational activities such as the Aberdeen Skate Park. So have the best of both worlds – come to work, stay to play.
For more information about DOC, visit www.doc.wa.gov.
- Supervises doctoral level psychologists in an institution; directs and coordinates work of psychologists with that of other institution service programs.
- Serves as psychological consultant to Clinical Director, Superintendent and medical staff on problems involving psychological services.
- Plans, executes, and participates in treatment programs.
- Serves as consultant to diagnostic, intake, treatment, and disposition staff.
- Provides individual and group psychotherapy to patients.
- Does psycho-diagnostic testing of patients and employees.
- Participates in training and education of institution staff in psychological field.
- Creates a work environment that values high ethical standards, emphasizes safe, high quality behavioral health care, nurtures teamwork and encourages activities which lead to continuous improvement.
Doctoral Degree in Psychology from an accredited school or department of Psychology whose accreditation is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), and possession of a current license to practice psychology in the state of Washington.
Three years of Postdoctoral Psychology experience, including one year of experience in forensic psychology.
How to Apply
Please apply directly on www.doc.wa.gov and include a letter of interest detailing how your experience makes you a good fit for this role along with your resume.
For more information: Jamie Robinson at email@example.com or 360-413-5435.