Ninety-Eighth Annual Convention
April 26 – 29, 2018
Five reasons to go to the convention!
- Over thirty distinguished speakers
- Meet students and professors from other colleges who share your interests.
- Visit with representatives of graduate programs, learn about new books from major publishers, and buy some great stuff from The Psych Store.
- Attend special programs for students sponsored by Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology, and by Psi Beta.
- Attend social events planned throughout the convention.
WPA Convention Registration
Important note: Everyone planning to attend the convention must register. Advance registration is open until April 1; you may register at the convention but the registration fees increase. Student convention registration now includes student affiliate membership in WPA. Students no longer need to fill out a membership form or decide if they wish to register as a member or non-member. Professionals still have the option to register as a member or non-member.
Continuing Education Credits
Across the Terman Teaching conference and the WPA convention, dozens of sessions will be offered for CE credit, covering a wide range of topics and formats.
You must register for the CE credits — this is separate from your convention registration and will be open in Spring 2018.
Terman Teaching Conference
The Terman Teaching Conference is a full day of lectures and workshops to enhance your teaching accomplishments. We invite psychology teachers from all levels to join us for a stimulating day of presentations.
Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel
1401 SW Naito Parkway
We’ve negotiated a special rate of $174 per night (plus taxes and fees) for this newly renovated hotel in the heart of downtown. Reserve your room soon, the hotel is likely to sell out by mid-February!
- Reserve online: https://aws.passkey.com/go/wpa2018
- Phone: 1-877-901-6632 (refer to the Western Psychological Association Conference)
Special rates end March 26, 2018.
- Marriott Rewards Members receive free internet during their stay. Join today or when you check in
- Valet parking $39.00 per car, per night
Code of Conduct
The purpose of this WPA code of conduct is to promote a healthy, safe, and enjoyable educational experience for all WPA convention attendees, and to encourage attendees to maintain the highest standards of professionalism while attending the convention. If WPA staff, officers, or representatives from the convention venue, should feel there are violations of the code of conduct, appropriate action may be taken, such as removal from any event, or restrictions on attending future conventions or activities.
You are expected to:
- Show dedication to the educational nature and program timelines laid out in the convention submission requirements and guidelines.
- Present the most contemporary literature and data appropriate to professional standards, and avoid all forms of plagiarism or misrepresentation of data.
- Approach topics and colleagues with respect for diversity in all its forms.
- Avoid disruptive, inappropriate, and harassing behavior both inside and outside all convention events (i.e., presentations, sessions, dances, other social events). This includes sexual harassment, such as unwelcome sexual flirtations or advances, and unwelcome comments or physical actions of a sexual nature.