April 30 – May 3, 2015
Red Rock Resort
Las Vegas, Nevada
Five reasons to go to the convention!
- Over thirty distinguished speakers
- Meet students and professors from other colleges who share your interests.
- Visit with representatives of graduate programs, learn about new books from major publishers, and buy some great stuff from The Psych Store.
- Attend special programs for students sponsored by Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology, and by Psi Beta.
- Attend social events planned throughout the convention.
2015 Convention Program Details and Convention App
This year we have a free convention app that will have all convention sessions lasted by day and by topic “track.” You can also build a personal schedule using the app. An information sheet can be downloaded here. The link to download the app is eventmobi.com/wpa2015. You do not need to visit the app store to obtain the app — you can download it to any smartphone, tablet, or computer.
A PDF listing of all the convention sessions may be viewed or downloaded at this Schedule 2015 link. We will still have a printed program at the convention but the Schedule 2015 provides more detailed information.
We recommend using the convention app. It is the most current guide to the convention as it is updated to reflect any changes that occur.
Pre-registration and payment for this thought-provoking convention must be made by March 31, 2015. After March 31, on-site registration is available with increased fees.
CE credit will be available for selected sessions. Information on the CE sessions is be available in this flyer. CE Credit will be available for the Terman Conference. Six credits will be awarded.
Terman Teaching Conference:
The Terman Teaching Conference is a full day of lectures and workshops to enhance your teaching accomplishments. We invite psychology teachers from all levels to join us for a stimulating day of presentations.
Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2015.
Register: You may pre-register for the conference when you register for the convention, or you may pre-register separately by clicking here. The Terman Teaching Conference schedule is now available. The fee for pre-registration is $25 until March 31. Registration at the conference is $30.
A 2-hour statistics workshop will be held each day of the convention. This year there will be no charge for the workshops thanks to support of APA Science Directorate. However, we ask you to register in advance so we can plan for handouts and attendance. View the 2015 Statistics Workshop Abstracts flyer (available in February).
Dates: Thursday through Sunday
Thursday 12:30-2:30 PM
Friday 8:30-10:30 AM
Saturday 8:45-9:45 AM
Sunday 8:30-10:30 AM
- Online Membership Payment or Mail-in Form
- Online Convention Registration Payment or Mail-in Form
- Convention event app for your computer, tablet, smart phone: Information here and Link to download
- 2015 Call-for-Papers/Posters and Submission Form Links
- Hotel and Travel Information
- Writing a Conference Abstract: Some Suggestions and Common Errors
- Student Guide to the WPA Convention
- Student Scholarships
- Convention Registration Fees
- Creating a Poster Presentation
- CE Sessions at the 2015 WPA Convention (PDF)
- International Psychology Sessions at WPA
- Download a Letter of Support for Students Attending WPA
- Archive of Past WPA Convention Programs — available in May 2015
Check back often for more information!